I spent all day long after dropping kids at school going through my lists of Kroger deals and matching coupons with the extensive deals going on right now. The marketing geniuses at the Kroger Co. know we cannot resist the 'Buy 10, Get $5.00 Off' sale. It effectively takes an extra $.50 off the total of an item already on sale, and you don't have to get 10 of the same item to get the deal..you can mix and match.
So, for instance, today, I got Rotel tomatoes for free, Kraft salad dressing for $1.69 (which I had an add'l coupon for, so it was actually $1.19 for two), and Green Giant Steams for $.59 each. The list of items on sale is staggering, and using coupons along with this sale is what creates the great deals I just mentioned.
In order to find the great deals, I use Kelly's site at
Faithful Provisions that I have mentioned before. I think I am going to add her button to this blog because she is so darn helpful actually. But, I get the best help from
The Grocery Game which is so organized with columns and rows where the final prices are displayed AND I can print off only the deals I need. I love it...it has paid for itself every single month I have used it. It's free to try it for a month..then after that it's like $20-30 for four stores lists.
I like to use both sites because The Grocery Game is great for grocery deals while Faithful Provisions is awesome all week long for deals with the email updates. There is a ton of information to be found on each site. I am compiling a list right now of my favorite blogs, websites and email lists that share coupons and deal discussion. If you decide you would like to try TGG, please tell I sent you...not sure if it makes a difference, but worth a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment