Saturday, June 18, 2011

OKAY..SO ITS BEEN AWHILE..BUT CHECK OUT THE PROGRESS!!

Hi guys..I know its been a long time since I blogged about the mortgage, but we have never left the fight..not even when I wanted to. Tom is truly single-minded about getting this thing paid off...much to my chagrin sometimes... :-)

So here's the recap of life since we last met.

Mortgage Balance (as of March 2010) $220,269
Mortgage Balance (as of June 15, 2011) $165,000 - WOWSA!!

That is just about every spare dime going into this debt, mind you. We aren't suffering, we could be doing better. This is with a bonus check and more than a year of budgeting to see this change.

The biggest change has been using the a heloc to pay on the principal payments. It's a complicated plan, but we are saving interest by using equity in the house to make huge principal payments, then Tom's paycheck is sent to the heloc to keep its interest down. Its a very time consuming and intense plan, but its working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites